Cloud Systems Engineer, Saas at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Corporate Engineering team to design and build solutions that connect disparate systems and SaaS applications. As Flatiron continues to expand, the need for automation across all platforms is becoming crucial. You will take over ownership, management, and improvement of the suite of SaaS applications at Flatiron. In addition, you'll also:
- Utilize both API and built-in integration capabilities to engineer automations and integrations between SaaS applications
- Collaborate with Engineers, Project Managers, and others to assist in the creation of project plans and timelines
- Evaluate the feasibility and level of effort involved in bringing any SaaS apps not on our SSO provider into compliance, and execute on these changes when appropriate
- Work with HR and IT teams to improve automation of SaaS account creation/removal to improve onboarding/offboarding/transfer experience
- Design, implement, and test system playbooks to provide instructions to support teams
The Corporate Engineering team spans all of Flatiron to consulting, designing, and implementing new technical solutions to help with internal team workflows. This role will interface across multiple Flatiron infrastructure and security teams.
Who You Are
You are an experienced systems engineer developing robust solutions to challenging problems. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have sufficient knowledge of Rest API frameworks to investigate and independently construct API-based integrations between systems when appropriate
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, other agile methodologies
- You are familiar with SSO technologies such as Okta
- You have worked with cloud technologies like AWS
- You have solid scripting ability with Python
- You are a strong communicator and have the ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
- You are able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- You believe that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience developing internal tools
- You have familiarity with Windows server management
- You have experience with Windows Active Directory
- You have a good understanding of NoSQL databases
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.