Compliance QA and Testing Analyst at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin USDP, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster, and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance and Testing Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. You will be responsible for implementing all aspects of quality assurance (QA) on the Paxos Compliance program. This includes assessing the design and operational effectiveness of AML and sanctions controls, adherence to policies and procedures, and alignment with applicable regulatory requirements.
You will also be responsible for planning, executing, and managing testing efforts across various functions, and communicating your findings and any risks to leadership. This role works closely with a variety of stakeholders across the company, including business development and product operations, with an eye towards identifying and enhancing processes.
This is a new position that will help drive the Compliance Program forward and support the continuing growth within Paxos.
What you will do:
- Manage and conduct the quarterly quality assurance review process for the full suite of Compliance processes, across all products and identify areas for improvement
- Coordinate and partner with a variety of stakeholders, including Legal, Product Operations, and Customer Success on the implementation and maintenance of their procedures and internal controls. Identify control gaps and risks, develop remediation plans, and collaborate with functions to assist with remediating the issues.
- Collaborate with internal audit and other stakeholders to track issues and support remediation efforts and with external auditors during external compliance audits
- Help define and lead the execution of end to end testing reviews. This includes scoping testing engagements in line with Paxos’ priorities, developing testing plans, communicating with diverse stakeholders, and presenting results to leadership.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of AML and sanctions regulatory risks, including tracking regulatory developments that may affect annual testing.
What you need to have:
- 1-3 years of prior experience in Compliance, and an understanding of BSA / AML, Sanctions, CDD / EDD, AML Transaction Monitoring and Reporting
- Ideally, experience in QA, Testing, M&T, or audit roles
- Ability to identify areas of inefficiency and suggest enhancements that can make processes faster and more reliable
- Technical proficiency with Excel/Sheets: ability to build usable reports and analyze data to identify process issues and inconsistencies
- Strong analytical skills and can use data to inform your approach and inform your recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and passion for solving problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent partnership and stakeholder management skills
While we are not requiring prior work in the fintech, crypto, or blockchain industries, candidates must demonstrate an aptitude for the space and show they can quickly understand our processes.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, StoneX and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why choose Paxos? Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. Our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like healthcare coverage, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for employee development and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and find a home at Paxos. Help us build a new, open financial system from our three offices or right from your home!
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev
- Interactive Brokers Group Introduces Cryptocurrency Trading Through Paxos