About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With 75,000 restaurants and 10 million diners across 1,300 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for a Data Analyst, who will support the high-performance Growth Marketing Analytics team. You will be responsible for developing data infrastructure to scale with channel, market, and brand expansion efforts. You will also play an instrumental role in scaling our intra-channel (A/B) testing efforts, building key-metric dashboards and analyzing trends. Reporting to the Growth Analytics Senior Analyst and interacting regularly with the Director of Marketing Planning and Optimization, the Data Analysts role will consist of:
- Building and maintaining ETL data pipelines
- Supporting Growth team stakeholders through analysis and tool building
- Algorithmic modeling for media mix optimization
- Liaising with vendors and agencies on external data pipelines and experimentation
- Partnering with stakeholders to design valid and impactful experiments
- Fielding requests from within and without the Growth team to perform one-off analyses and answer questions
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights
- Defending surprising or unpopular results against challenges from skeptical stakeholders
- Fielding requests from multiple stakeholders
You Should Have
- 2+ years of experience in an analytic role
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative analysis and reasoning
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced regression analysis, probabilistic modeling, and/or machine learning / predictive analytics
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Demonstratable (via Github or other) coding ability.
- Proficiency in a spreadsheet program (Excel, Google Sheets)
- Conceptual, non-technical understanding/familiarity with big data pipelines and flows
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
- Eagerness to learn digital marketing and/or e-commerce
Got these? Even better!:
- Experience with A/B testing and/or digital marketing
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.