Developer at Work & Co (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world’s most successful digital products and services. With a team over 400+ and offices in the United States, Brazil, and Europe, we’ve become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Mercedes, Vistaprint, MTA, Planned Parenthood, Gatorade, and more. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Developers at Work & Co work in small, highly collaborative teams to create visionary digital products and experiences that people use everyday. They work closely with designers, product managers, strategists, and QA engineers to concept, prototype, and execute on a range of products. Join us as we help our clients redefine entire industries.
Work & Co’s methodology emphasizes hands-on skills across all departments. Developers are responsible for structuring technology solutions for clients and delivering clean, well-documented code. They bring valuable knowledge about and a passion for established best practices as well as emerging technologies.
What You Will Do
- Develop product solutions that adhere to Responsive Web Design and browser/device compatibility best practice
- Propose and advocate for clean, functional design system
- Debug and troubleshoot written code to deliver only the best possible experiences to users
We Are Looking For
- Hands-on web development experience that includes experience with agile methodologies
- Solid grasp of HTML and CSS, leveraging CSS pre and post processors like Sass, Compass and Autoprefixer
- Demonstrated understanding of task runners such as Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
- Experience using GIT as part of a development team
- Experience/interest in native app development
- Strong organizational skills and eye for detail
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Bonus—Personal projects or strong contributions to Open Source projects that show a passion for engineering and products
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.