DevOps Engineer - Release Engineering at DigitalOcean
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with a passion for SDLC and Operations to help improve our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deploy tooling. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will help design, build and maintain CICD pipelines, operationalize developer tools, and support frameworks and infrastructure to enable teams to deploy confidently and easily.
This position will provide immense growth and learning opportunities within the Release Engineering domain through challenging projects that include the streamlining of adoption of developer tooling, software lifecycle observability and easier integrations of teams into pre-production environments.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Optimizing Build Patterns with Docker/Containers
- Researching, Implement and adopting deployment patterns in Kubernetes
- Building libraries of GitHub Actions
- Modernize workflows for software build/testing with GitHub
- Instrumenting telemetry, and building visualizations that reveal the performance and opportunities of Engineering Teams’ software lifecycle
- Building critical infrastructure and tooling required by development teams so that engineers at DO can operate, build and release software efficiently and quickly.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, internal configuration management tools, Gitlab, GHE or equivalent frameworks and test infrastructure.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered and tested code.
- Experience working full stack, whether it’s building or debugging one
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, Java
- An appreciation for Makefiles, build systems, and docker as helpful tools for making a great developer experience where developers can succeed.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- A strong interest and obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company and excitement to use our products in your projects (if you haven’t already!)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!