Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
Bread is hiring Devops Engineers! Are you interested in a culture that nurtures kubernetes, infrastructure as code, automation, microservices, and CI/CD? As a member of our engineering team, you’ll have a direct impact on solving interesting and large-scale problems through devops best practices.
Your role at Bread:
- Automation (Orchestrate systems provisioning, processes)
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes
- Improve our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
- Nurture Devops best practices
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record as a DevOps engineer in a fast pace environment
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (VPC, Security Groups, EC2, S3, Redshift, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, SSM, RDS (Postgres)).
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, EKS, Kubernetes)
- Experience deploying and supporting microservices-based architecture
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Buildkite, Spinnaker, CodeBuild)
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, firewall and network concepts.
- Strong Linux fundamentals (CentOS/Ubuntu, grub, top, df, mpstat and ssh).
- Scripting ability (Bash, Ruby, Python, Go)
- Strong experience with automation tools (Terraform/Ansible/Chef)
- Analytical/problem troubleshooting to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Understanding of logging and monitoring tools (Pagerduty, Appdynamics, Sumologic, Datadog, VividCortex, ELK)
- Deep understanding of network, application, and infrastructure security
- Knowledge of NGINX, RabbitMQ, and Redis
Nice to have:
- Load testing (Gatling, Locust, JMeter)
- Experience with GCP infrastructure (GKE, CloudSQL, Memorystore)
- HashiCorp tooling (Packer and Vault)
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in “20%” time through Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included ones for Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, and Monitoring. Groups meet every Friday to plan and own their roadmap and implement their features. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and over time potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!