DevOps Practice Lead at <intent>
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of deep collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
As a DevOps Practice Lead at <intent>, you’ll guide and support the development and operations processes for products that are changing the ecommerce industry. Our engineering teams help the world’s leading companies to serve tens of millions of ads every day around the world. These ads provide an exceptional user experience to help shoppers find and compare prices, while simultaneously increasing brand profitability.
In our engineering work, we balance cutting-edge technologies with industry-proven practices. Across our projects, you will see a variety of languages, libraries, and databases. Our agile way of working is founded on many years of experience; you will be working with accomplished innovators in the software community. We deploy often and pride ourselves on owning the process of building software end-to-end. This means we are involved in brainstorming, design, development, deployment, and monitoring as much as we want to be.
What You Will Do:
We believe that engineers are most effective when they are involved in the whole lifecycle of software development. The DevOps Practice Lead will facilitate making that belief a reality. In this role you will:
- Play a critical role in defining the TechOps vision at <intent>
- Plan and manage TechOps initiatives in collaboration with tech leadership, promoting a DevOps mindset
- Provide leadership, education, and guidance to the team on continuous integration, continuous delivery, infrastructure, tooling, monitoring, alerting, and security practices
- Join a team focused on mission critical tools that enable dynamic predictive user experiences across hundreds of sites around the globe
- Work collaboratively with our team responsible for building, maintaining and improving our ad serving platform and platform services
- Build internal tools that will be used by our engineers to ship faster, at higher quality and with greater ease.
- Participate in documenting and discussing existing and future designs of our distributed systems and their interactions
<intent> is looking for a bright and ambitious DevOps Practice Lead to bring their fresh perspective to our team of thoroughly awesome humans and dogs.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Operations/DevOps/SRE with exhibited impact and growth
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Required Skills:
- Experience engineering, operating, and supporting highly available, distributed systems/microservices on AWS (minimum 4 years)
- Familiarity with metrics collection and monitoring systems
- Proven collaboration within a team environment across languages and platforms
- Leadership and coordination of cross-team projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency in DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) skills: e.g. Networking, AWS, scripting, configuration management, Terraform, Docker, serverless architectures, CI, CD, monitoring, and alerting in production systems
- Proficiency in at least one high level language such as Python or Java
- Experience with implementing and supporting a globalized infrastructure
- Working knowledge of information security best practices
- Ability to: reason with complex distributed systems; develop and test hypothesis that resolve and/or improve their performance, reliability, and cost of maintenance
- Nice-to-have Skills/Experience:
- Passion for identifying areas in code and production systems that can improve, and the ability to propose and deliver solutions in a collaborative team environment
- Experience providing training and education to teams on TechOps/DevOps practices and tooling.
- Comfortable and highly competent in discovering and understanding new technologies, tools, and languages.
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!