Director of DevOps at KeyMe
KeyMe is reinventing the $12 billion locksmith services industry with advanced robotics and AI, building the world’s most trusted brand in “access solutions”. Our network of self-service kiosks are located in thousands of retail locations across the country (IKEA, Bed Bath & Beyond, Albertsons, Kroger, RiteAid, Menards, etc.) supporting duplication of brass keys as well as sophisticated electronic keys such as RFID and vehicle transponder keys. Our kiosks are complemented by KeyMe locksmiths who provide unrivaled service quality for emergency lockouts and other skilled access and home services.
KeyMe is growing rapidly and has raised over $100M from top-tier investors like BlackRock, Comcast Ventures, and Battery Ventures.
About the Role
As we scale our fleet of AI-empowered robots, we need a Director of DevOps to keep our large and growing team moving. You will keep our fleet running smoothly, and keep our code shipping quickly. You’ll report to the CTO and manage a small team.
KeyMe engineering manages a massive surface area -- from kiosk touchscreen UX, to backend order management tools, to robotics and embedded systems, to data engineering and analysis. We offer an extremely broad range of engineering activities that ensure you’ll never be bored in your career.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensure our infrastructure is stable and well monitored.
- Design and implement a strategy to maximize uptime across our rapidly growing fleet of robotic kiosks and backend support systems.
- Create systems to track incidents and uptime/downtime.
- Build and maintain our scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Lead monitoring and performance improvements initiatives to support our backend (Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Ruby).
- Automated testing, provisioning and auto-scaling of infrastructure: Make it easy to deploy code safely.
- It should always be easy to write code here! Work with other engineering partners to expand our existing CI/CD pipeline so that, even as we scale, it remains easy to build, test and deploy great features.
Deployments to Kiosk Fleet
- Support and improve our existing process for deploying and managing our kiosk fleet
- Lead a cross-functional effort to containerize our kiosk codebase
- Maintain our existing data pipe to analytics
- Enable easy ETL/ELT
- Provide quotidian development support our machine intelligence team
Cross Team Collaboration
- Collaborate with software engineer, quality, and support teams
- Give tools and transparency to the Devops infrastructure across the company
- Ensure superior on-call support
How We Know You Can Do It:
You are an experienced, hands-on leader who has built and managed highly scalable and mission critical product systems.
- Led, managed and mentored an engineering team
- Experience shipping consumer facing products
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Kubernetes
- Experience with container based architecture, cloud infrastructure and automation tools such as Terraform
- Worked in a Linux environment
- Comfortable with Kubernetes, docker and AWS
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Stock options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Snacks and drinks in the office
- Paid Time Off
- Casual dress