Director of Engineering, Virtual Hub
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
The primary focus of your role will be to build, grow, and scale our first virtual engineering team, based in the US and focusing on developing our newest product line. This leader will ensure commitments stay on track, remove any roadblocks, and facilitate fast execution and timely decision-making.
About Our Team:
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are big believers in the power of teams. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about customers and implement various types of testing to see whether we're right (or wrong).
A day in the life of a Engineering Director at Collibra:
As a part of the engineering leadership team, you will determine the strategy to build our first Virtual Hub, and develop and ship the team's first products. You should be passionate about growing teams, customer experience, comfortable asking the tough questions, and just as comfortable inspiring a team as you are diving into code.
Experience running highly effective development teams, and are oscilate between hands-on coding and managing and mentoring engineers. As we build the virtual engineering team, the leader of this group will be equal parts leader as they are engineer. You should have an extensive background in distributed systems and web-scale software, and embrace a "you build it, you run it" service, with ownership of deploying and operating the services with support from our embedded SRE teams. This role will require a deep understanding of the latest trends and cloud technologies across infrastructure, architecture, tools, and development practices.
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have:
- 10+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes, and leading the definition and development of reliable and scalable distributed systems
- 5+ years’ experience with oversight for operations of a large SaaS service
- Deep understanding of either the MDM or ETL ecosystem
- Experience as an engineering leader owning P&L responsibilities
- Experience managing managers and a proven ability to scale organizations up to 50+ engineers
- Experience as an engineer building large scale distributed systems
- Ability to contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team
- Ability to define the long-term technical vision and strategy for your teams
- Proven experience developing talent
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality software on time
- Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to recommend alternative technical and solution approaches
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued, and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours - quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- A brand new state of the art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package