Director of Engineering at Grow Therapy (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We’re on a mission to fundamentally transform mental healthcare accessibility. Grow Therapy empowers therapists to launch and grow thriving insurance-accepting private practices. We’re creating game-changing technology to build America’s biggest behavioral healthcare group and ensure that anyone can afford quality mental healthcare. Following the mass increase in depression and anxiety, the need for accessibility is more important than ever.
To make our vision for mental healthcare a reality, we’re building a team of entrepreneurs and mission-driven go-getters. Our founders come from Harvard Medical School, Stripe, and Blackstone, and are champions of balancing bold ambitions with a culture that promotes holistic well-being. Since launching in 2020, Grow has raised over $90M from top VCs and angel investors, including TCV, Transformation Capital, SignalFire, Village Global, CoFound, and leaders of Oscar, Nurx, Quartet, Airbnb, and Blackstone.
About the Role:
At Grow, we’re building a world-class engineering team and are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our fast growing engineering team. As Director of Engineering, you’ll lead and manage our quickly growing engineering team that is building a world class therapist platform and client search experience.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a quickly growing team of engineers to define and ship a fantastic experience for our providers and clients
- Direct the work of a team responsible for overall planning, execution, and success of technical projects, operating with scale, speed, and quality; develop new strategies to improve efficiencies as we scale
- Create processes that will allow for cross-functional success
- Mentor, coach, and support the professional growth of everyone on your team; create career paths and goals for each team member. Own performance reviews
- Hire and grow the best, most diverse team
- Cultivate a supportive, productive, positive culture for a tech team that’s partially remote and partially in-person
- Work directly with the Co-Founder/CTO on business strategic planning, aligning technology vision and strategy with product and business direction, and convert strategic plans into actionable programs and projects
Who you are:
- Seasoned Leader - 10+ years of engineering experience, 4+ years of team management experience, 2+ years of managing managers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You have worked in a startup or on your own side projects and built products from the ground up.
- Mentor. You have experience mentoring younger engineers formally. You help set best practices for the team.
- Product thinker. You want to build through a user-centric lens and be involved not only in engineering decisions but product and design decisions as well.
- Team Player. You are collaborative by nature, relish in camaraderie and group wins, and are looked to by colleagues as a steadfast partner and source of encouragement
- Adaptable. Experienced in fast-paced environments and know that the right tools differ depending on size and circumstance.
- Highly Motivated. You want ownership of your work.
Salary range: 250-310k
- The chance to drive impact within the mental healthcare landscape from day one
- Comprehensive health insurance plans, including dental and vision
- Our dedication to mental health guides our culture. Wellness benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Flexible working hours and location (remote OR in-office, your choice!)
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide winter break
- Mental health mornings (2 hours each week)
- Team meditation
- Wellness Stipend
- In-office lunch and biweekly remote lunch on us!
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to help build a rapidly scaling start-up organization by taking strong ownership of your work, mentorship, and our unbounded leadership opportunities