Director of Engineering at WeWork Technology
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional, seasoned hiring manager to create, manage, and lead, our mission’s software engineering division. You are a passionate, hands-on leader who has worked in multiple roles/companies and built (from the ground-up) engineering teams of 20+ people. You will drive organizational design, and organize engineering teams with efficient and clear lines of ownership. You will be able to attract, assemble, and retain high performing managers and engineers to gradually replace our existing offshore engineering team. You will own the process and architecture for a product area and ensure that engineering, product, and design are consistently aligned when executing. You will foster a culture of engineering best practices and development processes and develop teams that make the right architectural decisions.
About the Mission:
The Revenue Optimization mission is focused on building the foundations for pricing/yield management and inventory optimizations through state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling. The group will act as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies and execute on initiatives that will maximize our revenue streams for WeWork. We are crafting a layer of technology to power a pricing & inventory optimization engine to maximize revenue across all of our products, business units, and locations.
- You will build and lead a world class team of 20+ software engineers, and mentor this rapidly expanding group
- You will guide an offshore team of 8+ software developers (external resources / additional to above main team) in making technical decisions
- Drive technical and organizational strategy of our software engineering division
- Lead the design and architecture of our advanced, centralized pricing & inventory management platform (which will be used company-wide by multiple end users)
- Develop our machine learning infrastructure to facilitate training and tuning of our models
- You will own the entire stack of our applications
- You can lead/guide the team through sprint(s) scoping, resource allocation planning and commitment
- Establish strong relationships across all the company’s Technology Missions leaders to improve process and culture across engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (MS or PhD degree in Computer Science a plus)
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in building web and native mobile applications plus backend APIs
- 4 years of experience managing software engineering managers (mentoring junior managers, setting technical direction, etc.)
- Experience building software engineering teams from the ground-up
- Hands-on technical management and people management experience
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.