Director QA Manager, Release Management at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As the Director of Quality Assurance - Release Management on the Diner Apps team, you will play a key role in ensuring the diner experience meets the quality levels expected of a best in class set applications. You will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Design to drive a quality experience across all application channels within the Grubhub Brands. You will also be an advocate of quality across the engineering teams of Grubhub to ensure robust quality processes within your team can be leveraged throughout the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Management of processes and procedures to improve the quality of our Diner experience. This may include, but not limited to oversight of continuous delivery (CD) tools and automation testing, quality of acceptance criteria, cross-team experience review.
- Working across departments and divisions to ensure that quality standards are upheld. Along with maintaining and improving standards within the Diner Applications.
- Working with Engineering to build and leverage automation tools for full end to end transactional experience quality review.
- Stay current with client experience platforms and devices.
- Understand and articulate experience flows throughout the user lifecycle to communicate risk with feature and releases.
- Evangelize quality within the organization
You Should Have
- Experience in quality assurance or related field supporting eCommerce websites and native apps.
- Exposure to common quality assurance tools (Selenium, Jira, Load Runner for example)
- Knowledge of Agile
- Ability to write code in scripting languages to use for automation
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to work as part of a growing team and the desire to learn and participate in projects outside one’s comfort zone.
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- Any previous security knowledge or experience a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.