Director of QA at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a QA Director to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll directly manage a large team of QA engineers and Software Engineers in Test. As the Head of QA engineering at Flatiron, you will be essential to the success of our flagship provider product, OncoEMR, the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, which is in turn the cornerstone of the company. You'll develop and execute on a vision for automation infrastructure and capabilities such that engineers are empowered and held accountable to write high quality automated tests. In addition, you'll also:
- Spearhead improvements at every stage of the SDLC to ensure the organization can move as quickly as possible while maintaining the highest quality standards
- Grow our QA engineers as domain experts and ensure that we have high quality documentation that levels up the domain expertise of the entire organization
- Coordinate QA engineer team assignments and capacity planning such that we balance risk, distribution of domain knowledge, and reports’ career growth
- Define what it means to have a long and successful career as a QA engineer or SET at Flatiron and upgrade our org structure and career pathing accordingly. Subsequently, hire (or preferably internally develop) managers to scale yourself.
- Effectively partner with Product and Engineering leaders in the provider org, coaching leaders across the organization in the QA mindset
- Contribute to cross-organizational quality initiatives (patient safety, security, privacy, regulatory compliance, etc.)
We need you to help us keep quality at the high bar our clients and patients demand and expect.
Who You Are
You're an exceptional and experienced people manager, QA engineer, and leader with vision. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 5+ years experience managing both manual and automated QA engineers and have a track record of building and retaining a world class team
- You have, at some point in your career, had a role where you wrote code every day
- You have experience integrating manual qa and automation into weekly (or more frequent) release cycles
- You have a demonstrated ability to drive changes in behavior in engineering leaders
- You have tremendous end-user empathy
- You are a convincing advocate for quality
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.