With 20 years of search marketing expertise our goal is to add value to every search. On the simplest level we are the largest consumer search technology platform outside of Google and Bing. adMarketplace delivers incremental search traffic across native channels, including mobile apps, consumer sites, and browsers. Our technology enables audiences to skip search results pages and navigate directly to trusted sites in moments of intent. As well as driving incremental reach we are also market leaders in terms of privacy and performance.
The ideal candidate is a proven QA leader with a track record of building and managing effective and efficient automation teams. The individual is motivated to improve software quality by automated and continuous testing and has a desire to push the boundaries of using latest software testing technologies/solutions in an automated way.
What You'll Do:
- Inherit a team of 3 and build out the team by 2x/3x.
- Work closley with the VP of Engineering on QA strategy including long and short term stability and security plans at scale (40%).
- Perform deep technical QA work (60%).
- Over time the responsibilities will shift to 60% management/strategy and 40% technical.
- Work with business and the engineering teams to understand product requirements (both business and technical) and create test plans and test cases.
- Develop new test frameworks/libraries for Front End/API software following software development standards.
- Maintain/improve existing automation test frameworks and test suites.
- Perform non-functional testing (performance and integration testing) to our large-scale distributed Ad Serving and Click Tracking platforms, and other ad tech related software.
- Support development team to ensure that software meets functionality, performance and quality requirements.
- Maintain test infrastructure to ensure validity and reliability of test execution and results.
- Work closely with the DevOps team to create/configure containerized test environments to achieve seamless test integration in local and AWS environments using tools like Jenkins, Docker.
- Support application deployment to production and perform UAT/Smoke/Sanity testing.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot/investigate issues.
- Create/maintain testing documentation following team-wide document standards.
- Track record of successful QA team building and people management
- History of long and short term QA strategy planning with measurable results.
- Expert in developing QA processes, test strategies, end-to end test solutions, test automation frameworks, metrics and best practices
- Experience with Front End (e.g. Selenium) or API related automation
- Solid experience in at least one of the common unit test frameworks (e.g. Junit, TestNG, etc)
- Experience with some of the common performance test tools (e.g. Jmeter, Loadrunner, etc)
- Solid understanding of Linux and knowledge of Java (Classic) language
- Familiar with Maven, Eclipse IDE/IntelliJ IDEA, SQL, and shell scripting
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Nice to have
- Nice to have:
- Digital advertising industry experience
- Experience with NoSQL DB (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, Aerospike, etc)
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS, and Microservices