About the role...
Policygenius is looking for a collaborative, technical and forward thinking leader for our Technical Operations (Tech Ops) team! We want someone who can support our growing company of almost 500 employees (and counting!) by overseeing our Tech Ops team in NYC, Durham and our growing population of remote workers. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in a cloud first, SaaS based environment, and has led IT teams through a company’s high-growth period.
As a member of the overall Technology department at Policygenius, you’ll be responsible for defining the company’s IT strategic roadmap, scaling the Tech Ops team to support our company’s needs, serving as a strategic technical leader for our growing company and providing mentorship and coaching for Tech Ops team members.
In this role, you will…
- Analyze the company’s current technology infrastructure and create/adopt an IT roadmap that aligns with the company’s strategic plans
- Create the future Tech Ops organization plan and scale the team to satisfy business objectives
- Formalize process and procedure, including standardization and reduction of complexity
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Tech Ops department, which includes our IT Support, Systems Engineering and Project Management teams
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders across a variety of departments on technical solutions addressing the needs of a scaling business
- Create, manage and be held accountable for the Tech Ops budget, including managing vendor relationships and contract negotiations
- Establish, track and report on KPIs for the team
- Partner with the Security team to ensure that we are always improving the security posture of our environment, while also increasing operational efficiencies for our end users
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in IT with a strong technical knowledge of MacOS, Windows, and a wide variety of SaaS solutions (e.g. G-Suite, JAMF, OneLogin, Bettercloud, Slack, Keeper, Atlassian, etc)
- You have 5+ years experience managing a small-medium sized team, including hiring team members, mentoring them, and conducting performance reviews
- You have experience leading teams at a high growth startup organization
- You're a stellar verbal and written communicator who has strong interpersonal skills and can clearly present technical issues to less technical folks
- You are ready to roll your sleeves up to tackle challenges, while also effectively coach and lead a team.
- You have a sense of urgency and high level of proven productivity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- You’re known as someone who establishes priorities with clear responsibilities and consistently delivers on established goals and objectives
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!