Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Program Associate at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Program Associate to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you’ll work with the People Team to identify and assess gaps, develop applicable action plans and measure progress with a passion to promote meaningful, long lasting change. Reporting to the Head of DEI, you’ll be the Employee Resource Group (ERG) liaison, manage projects with support from the Head of DEI and implement programming aligned to our DEI Strategy.
Strategy & Stakeholder Management
- Partner with the Head of DEI to help define and implement the Flatiron DEI strategy, in partnership with leaders across the company
- Provide project management of DEI programs, track and communicate progress, challenges, and opportunities and manage work streams to ensure on time and effective delivery of the output
Data and Metrics
- Works with Head of DEI and other People Team partners to design and implement program metrics; and is comfortable with analyzing and contextualizing data to support consistent delivery of insights from DEI dashboards and other sources to inform the overall DEI strategy
- Proactively monitors DEI program data outputs to identify emerging themes, develop preliminary conclusions, make go-forward recommendations
- Partner with Head of DEI to create DEI communication plan and maintain commitments of the plan
- Collaborates on the design, content and maintenance of DEI websites and communication artifacts
Attract, Develop, and Retain our Pipeline
- Provide support to Recruiting on the planning and execution of diversity recruitment events and programs internally and externally
- Stay current on DEI programs, research and developments; network and build relationships with professional and educational organizations and underrepresented groups; and consider opportunities to represent Flatiron externally
Transforming our Culture
- Partner with our ERGs and People Team to increase cultural awareness, support Flatiron’s diversity goals, increase business impact, and employee’s sense of community
- With the support of the Head of DEI, provide guidance and oversight of Employee Resource Groups (ERG); assist in the development and annual implementation of ERG strategic plans and budgets
Who You Are
You're a creative thinker and team-player with at least 2-4 years of experience in operations, program management, or project management. You have worked on complex projects with multiple dependencies, multiple stakeholders and able to manage project scope changes along the way. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 2+ years of operations, project/program management, program development or business administration experience
- You show strong attention to detail and have exceptional project/program management and organizational skills including computer application skills, advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- You have knowledge and understanding of DEI principles and how they translate into action at Flatiron and want to support company-wide change initiatives in conjunction with People teams and leadership
- You have excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain complex problems to different cross-functional stakeholders
- You are able to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, with particular skill in managing and negotiating with internal stakeholders to drive maximum efficiency
- You can manage vendor/consulting partnerships to meet project deadlines and budgets
- You have the ability to work independently, set priorities, plan workflow and take initiative
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.