Electrical Engineer at Eight Sleep
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised 68 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
- Architect and design consumer electronic devices incorporating micro controllers, battery management, Wifi and Bluetooth radio transceivers, motor drivers, audio drivers and sensors
- Work with Mechanical, Firmware, Software Engineering, Manufacturing and Product team members to conceptualize, define, design, build, and test new products
- Perform analysis of individual components and sub systems to achieve performance goals and drive system architecture
- Perform design validation, verification, and characterization for first prototypes, sub-assemblies, and the final product
- Work with vendors and manufacturing teams to solve quality, cost, and yield issues, from early design stages to mass production
- Define testing requirements, fixtures, and equipment to qualify the functionality of components and assemblies for mass production
- Travel internationally to support bring-up and qualification of mass production
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of consumer product design experience with development knowledge of wifi / bluetooth enabled devices and electromechanical systems utilizing pumps, fans, motors, speakers and sensors
- Has mixed analog and digital design and layout experience with 3D CAD Tools (eg. Altium, OrCAD, etc.)
- Has understanding of safety, ESD, EMI, and EMC compliance and certification
- Has experience mocking up functions using Arduino, Raspberry Pi or similar prototyping methods
- Has knowledge of high-volume SMT and Flex PCB manufacturing processes
- Possesses a solid understanding of DOE, root cause, statistical analysis and other quality measuring techniques
- Experience working on-site and remotely with vendors in Asia
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience leading new consumer products from concept to launch
- Passion for sleep/fitness/wellness
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Weekly company sponsored fitness classes
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.