Engineer in Test at WeWork Technology
WeWork is looking for experienced and well-rounded Engineers in Test to join our team. Engineers in Test work as a part of cross-functional product teams with the goal of establishing a first class test engineering culture. They will be responsible for executing the test vision by developing tests and infrastructure for testing of complex software. They will also work other leads and managers to evangelize engineering excellence and help make quality a team responsibility.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- Knowledge of iterative methods of software development
- Self-driven problem solver
- Experience and knowledge of security, performance or load testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborate on improving developer and engineering team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Work closely with infrastructure team to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage and quality
- Partner with engineering leads to incorporate testing practices into the engineering culture
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Write moderately complex code to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- Help with CI/CD pipelines for native web/API/iOS/Android platforms
- Design and maintain test frameworks
- Contribute to hiring for engineers in test
- Ensure a psychologically safe environment within the team.
- Hands on experience with continuous delivery pipelines with BitRise/CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with production synthetic testing / synthetic monitoring