Engineering Manager, Commerce Platform
Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Manager to direct and scale the Commerce Platform teams. In this role you’ll work with technical and product leadership to expand the Platform into a powerful foundation for Squarespace eCommerce, which scales to support current and future feature roadmaps.
- Develop engineers across multiple teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Partner with other leaders to influence strategic, architectural and organizational choices
- Thoughtfully negotiate and clarify engineering priorities across teams and align them with larger business goals
- Grow the technical expertise and development practices of your teams
- Experience designing highly-scalable, distributed systems
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience with Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, distributed systems
- A deep passion for coaching high-performing, engineering teams
- Experience managing product platform teams highly desired
- Experience with building and scaling eCommerce products highly desired
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.