We are looking for an Engineering Manager experienced with software application development to help with the continued growth of the DigitalOcean Customer Experience organization. Reporting to the Senior Manager, this role will support our team developing solutions for a superb customer experience across and between the DigitalOcean product offerings. This person will be responsible for guiding the development of a mixed-skill engineering team, facilitating communications, providing clarity of vision and priority, and empowering the team to create innovative solutions for our partners and customers. This role is available remotely and will be supporting a fully remote team of engineers.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading a highly-collaborative remote engineering team
- Fulfilling the role of Servant Leader to help the team achieve high standards of performance and product quality; accountable for that team’s performance and quality
- Guiding agile ceremonies and effective participation in those agile processes, including process improvements
- Collaborating with product owners, enterprise/staff architects and cross-functional teams to design simple, elegant, and operationally sustainable software solutions
- Developing personal growth plans, providing feedback, and supporting the goals of individual team members and the team as a whole
- Facilitating transparent, constructive communication and a fair, but growth-oriented, distribution of responsibilities between team members
- Supporting the professional goals and development opportunities for the team by providing coaching and counseling via mentoring, one-on-one meetings and regular performance appraisals
- Participating in recruiting new members to the organization; collaborating across the Senior Manager’s organization to employ the right resource to the right project giving their experience and career path
- Supporting the organization’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and utilize these KPIs to measure and report on the success of the team
- Direct experience with managing, coaching, and mentoring software engineers
- A passion for leading using agile methodologies
- An appreciation for process and developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support, and product groups
- Enthusiasm for staffing, interviewing, growing, and retaining high performing teams
- Communication and organization skills to drive cross-disciplinary collaboration experience between engineering, technical operations, and product groups
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!