Engineering Manager, Developer Experience at Peloton (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. A great platform unlocks speed of development and continuous learning. It allows us to scale and enables our engineers to maximize attention on new features and capabilities, instead of working on building and managing infrastructure.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Developer Experience (“DevX”) group. Come join Peloton as a people leader and scale continuous integration and delivery pipelines to meet the demand of hypergrowth. Your work will directly impact hundreds of developers designing fitness products and services reaching millions of members. You will collaborate with engineers, managers, senior leaders, tech educators, product managers, and designers to create the best engineering experiences in the tech industry.
This role is responsible for developing the strategy around CI/CD and growing a team of varying career levels through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and management support.What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within Platform Engineering, influencing and driving technical investments across teams with a "Platform Thinking" mindset. Help others in design, sequencing, execution, and problem solving.
- Grow and lead a team of engineers improving developer experiences at Peloton
- Ensure career development frameworks are in place for all engineers; work with employees to establish personal business goals and structure professional development opportunities
- Guide technology surrounding continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems; including development & support for apis which power our developer portal
- Grow the technical expertise within the team and improve quality, scalability, performance, and fault tolerance in systems and developer experiences
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for assessment and improvements
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, empathetic engineering culture in line with Peloton’s values
- You love developing and growing people
- You flourish in a environment of rapid experimentation and cross-team collaboration
- You are knowledgeable and opinionated about the software development lifecycle
- You enjoy building & maintaining applications via an agile development process and providing custodianship over agile ceremonies. You are hands-on in team planning
- You are experienced with developing scalable, reliable cloud architectures (AWS preferred)
- You have experience building and maintaining CI/CD systems with GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Chef, or equivalent tools. You are familiar with open source projects used to continuously build, deploy and test software
- You earn bonus points if you have exposure to Kubernetes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of industry experience with hands-on engineering experience
- 2+ years of leading, coaching, and mentoring others
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.