Engineering Manager - Full Stack at Betterment
Engineering Managers lead and mentor high output teams but also help craft our customer-facing applications. You'll provide hands-on leadership, shipping code alongside guiding your team through their careers. You’ll collaborate closely with product & design teams to advance the look and feel of new features/products. We are constantly iterating and innovating our products to offer the best advice possible to over 400,000 customers. We strive for fluid, delightful user experience and leverage the entire stack to realize these goals. We’re faced with overcoming challenges of scale and architecture, but also interaction, simplicity and ease of use to deliver the best investing experience possible.At Betterment you will get to:
- Build things people love. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible. Sleek design, simple user experience, and access to smart decisions help us to achieve it
- Take your ideas to the next level right away. We experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat
- Collaborate, with purpose. You’ll work in small groups with other talented thinkers and figure out how to make Betterment’s revolutionary software even better.
- Gain trust through openness. We believe in taking the guesswork out of investing. That means a consistent experience for our customers — you’ll build the tools to make it possible
- Craft efficiency. Our software helps customers save time and money. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, and lean engineering
- Work with people who care. Half of our team is made up of engineers but we believe everyone at Betterment is an engineer with their own tools. We’re a group of talented engineers who pride ourselves on what we do.
- Have a real passion for software engineering and building delightful experiences
- Know when to make the trade-offs required to ship without compromising quality
- Value agility and pragmatism in software development
- Have a track record of leading highly productive engineering teams
- How do we best validate our decisions through experimentation and iteration?
- How do you create opportunities for your team to grow and excel?
- How can we decompose long-term projects into small, releasable achievements that provide incremental value to our customers?
We’re smart, creative, high-energy, and lots of fun. Come join us!About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.