Engineering Manager in Test at WeWork Technology
About the Role
WeWork is hiring an Engineering Manager in Test to join our team at WeWork. This role will grow and manage a team of Engineers in Test. You’ll develop and execute a testing strategy across our Growth Technology mission by working closely with mission leadership to up-level standard methodologies across a multi-location (TLV, NYC, SF) team.
A successful candidate is a leader, confident strategist, and has experience in test automation of distributed systems. We are looking for an individual who is ready to take on hyper-growth and agile leadership.
About the Mission
The mission of Growth Tech is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Tech covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
- Lead and grow a team of Engineers in Test
- Build and execute test strategy on mission and team level
- Collaborate and align with mission leadership and WeWork test organization
- 3+ years of experience of managing engineers
- 6+ years of experience in test automation and testing
- Proficient in a strongly-typed programming language like Java/Kotlin and a dynamic language like Ruby/Python
- Experience in testing distributed systems
- Excellent critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Capable of driving and participating in design-level architectural discussions
Nice to Have
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and GraphQL
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose.
WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement. We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.