Engineering Manager at Procore Technologies
Honest Buildings is used by many of the world’s largest real estate owners to manage billions of dollars of annual construction spend across the world. We’re the only project management platform built for real estate owners, and backed by real estate owners. We’re working on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy.
Honest Buildings has 25+ engineers now and we’re growing fast! As a Frontend Engineering Manager, you will lead talented engineers and ensure the success of the team’s projects and operations. As a part of the engineering leadership team you will help determine technical vision and direction as well as establish processes and drive initiatives that result in technical, operational, and cultural improvements across the engineering team. You will partner with leaders from across the organization, especially product and design, to ensure we are working effectively to deliver a high-quality product.
- 1+ years of leading and managing 5+ engineers
- 5+ years of hands-on coding and software design experience
- Experience with some of our core technologies: Angular, React, SASS, Java and SQL
- Experience collaborating effectively with engineering stakeholders – including product, design, CS/CX
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with engineers
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated track record of developing the technical skills and providing growth within the organization for team members
- Experience running teams that operate using agile and scrum methodologies
- Experience in performance tuning and scaling solutions
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ensure that developers satisfy their job responsibilities, especially through individual coaching
- Provide opportunities for career development, including promotion, technical growth, and stretch assignments
- Own the project management of team's engineering work
- Guide team in the use of agile practices and shepherd them through the scrum process
- Effectively communicate and partner with leaders from across the organization
- Partner with product and design teams early in the feature ideation, specification, and design process
- Advise and assist developers in constructing tech specs and in team technical decision making
- Identify hiring needs and partner with recruiting through the hiring process
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and numerous other perks
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER WORKING AT HONEST BUILDINGS?
- You get to work with a group of 100+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're only 80 people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $47 million from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.