Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –stress free, fair and simple.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Orchard’s engineering culture is centered around product empathy and autonomous teams with high feature ownership. Engineers take ownership of feature development end to end. This means we partner with Product Managers and Designers to solve ambiguous business problems and have a high degree of collaborative input before writing code. We strive to keep common infrastructure and dependencies simple (or only as complex as necessary) to keep the coordination costs of infrastructure deployments low and support lean & nimble product engineering teams.
- Play an active role in hiring and developing our engineering team.
- Work with business stakeholders to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
- Build and continuously deploy both internal tools and consumer facing products.
- Help to craft and iterate on our technology infrastructure to enable the growth and scale the business needs to succeed.
- Maintain continuously tested, scalable, and applications and services. As well as a well written, clean, testable code base which allows for moving quickly while delivering quality.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, identify, manage, mentor, and grow top engineering talent.
- Working knowledge of building web applications using single page technologies and service oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with any of AWS, Postgres, SQL, Airflow, Docker, CircleCI, or Karma is a plus.
- Experience leading an agile team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills
- Real estate domain experience is a plus
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, at least 2 of them managing teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem