From neighborhood restaurants to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms empowers hospitality operators to understand their customers, market to them, and efficiently provide world-class experiences.
As the Engineering Manager at SevenRooms, you will help scale our engineering organization for the next phase of growth. Our exceptional software engineers operate with smarts and speed - and as a manager, you guide the way. The SevenRooms platform is a rapidly evolving product with complex technical challenges that demands a world class team to deliver on. With this growth comes the need to evolve our operating structure and enhance our processes so that we can:
- Create a strong engineering culture that insists on high standards and shipping product
- Evolve our SDLC to make effective use of tooling and be more measurable and predictable
- Create a long-term home for engineers through a transparent and effective career framework
- Execute on high priority engineering projects
- Manage a team of software engineers, including design and code review
- Drive high-priority technical projects and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Create strong engineering culture through code review standards, sprint and release planning, and SDLC design
- Be an expert in a component-level and systems-level view of the SevenRooms architecture; assist in architecture review and analysis
- Work closely with product management to deliver cross-functional success
- Assist engineering leadership in developing a career framework for long term growth
- Hire and enable talented engineers
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Expertise with cloud-based systems design (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or similar)
- 3-5+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
- An individual who takes ownership, insists on high standards, and is a team player
- Previous high-growth startup experience
- Python, React/Redux, Google Cloud experience
- Knowledge of both web and mobile platforms
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot
- 401k plan
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.