Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement.
What You'll Do
- Launch a new team, tasked with owning problems and outcomes rather than solutions and outputs
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Lead a team of engineers by setting expectations and goals, providing guidance and actionable feedback
- Supporting your team’s growth and career development goals through active mentorship and coaching
- Own, commit and drive accountability for your team’s roadmap and milestones
- Work as an integral part of the leadership team of your tribe, deciding how the team functions as a whole
- Align with the rest of the engineering management team and implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Anticipate, identify and clear roadblocks for the team; provide clear direction and effective decision making where necessary
- Represent the team to product & engineering groups, both internally and externally
Our Tech Stack...
- … is constantly evolving, but here are some highlights:
- AWS infrastructure (Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, Kubernetes on EKS)
- Postgres and DynamoDB as primary data stores
- Data warehouses in Red Shift and Snowflake
- Python-based serverless functions hosted on AWS Lambda
- GraphQL for querying APIs and serving relevant data
- React for front end applications
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science / Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role with multiple direct reports.
- Clear and compelling verbal and communication skills to audiences with differing levels of technical fluency
- Ability to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company
- Experience leading inclusive teams and empowering people to do the best work of their careers
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and patterns
- Driven by results and outcomes, not inputs and outputs
- Seek to fully understand a problem before jumping into its solutions
- Most importantly: You are thirsty, curious, not afraid to fail, and believe that nothing is impossible.