Engineering Manager at BetterCloud
BetterCloud is the leading SaaSOps platform that enables IT professionals to discover, manage and secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
We are a high-energy, high-growth product company seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as an Engineering Manager. A strong background in software engineering is a must, as is experience leading teams of 5+ people.
We’re big believers in continuous delivery and use metrics like cycle time, defect removal efficiency, and mean time to resolution as tools to improve and get better. Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes AngularJS / React on the front end, Java (primarily), and Scala on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end including MySQL, CloudSQL, ElasticSearch, BigTable, BigQuery, and Google’s Cloud Datastore. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for a software engineering leader who loves to lead and mentor highly functioning development teams and loves to learn. The ideal candidate has spent time as a software engineer, transitioned to an architect or team lead role, and has managed a development team. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- 6+ years experience building enterprise level software solutions
- 3+ years (most recently) leading and managing teams of 5+ people
- A solid understanding of Scrum or Kanban and how to apply their respective practices in a pragmatic way
- Ability to work with Product Management to break down epics into manageable chunks that can then be executed on by your teams
- Ability to mentor and coach software engineers of various levels of experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be highly collaborative
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Acts as a mentor, leader, and manager for the software engineers on their team. Works to turn software engineers into tech leads and tech leads into architects.
- Builds a tight relationship with their corresponding Product Manager. Works with the Product Manager to develop the roadmap for their team(s) and then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with architects and technical leaders to help define, evangelize, and achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- As a continuous delivery advocate, you constantly look for ways to make your team more efficient. You embrace KPIs like cycle time and defect removal efficiency and treat them as tools we can use to improve.
- Acts as a coach and cheerleader for your team. You attend sprint planning meetings to ensure everyone understands and buys into the goal the team is looking to accomplish and help remove any impediments that may be in their way. You celebrate wins! You look for learning opportunities in the misses.
Compensation | Benefits
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership and technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.