Engineering Team Lead, Commerce Systems
Uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting HealthTech industry, WW uses modern Lean and Agile practices as well as best of breed Engineering practices to deliver leading consumer focused products. WW places a major emphasis on mobile and digital solutions to help our members reach their goals.
As we further explore the offerings that will delight our users, we are seeking talented people who are excited to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to join a company, embracing a modern Technology culture, where you will have the ability to improve people's lives in a very meaningful way and have a major impact on WW offerings to our members. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, you can be part of the team that is leading the way.
What you will do:
- Develop a high-level view of current and future state business and technology architecture for Commerce Systems that is well-connected with product strategy
- Provide leadership in developing engineering standards, architectural design patterns and best practices
- Work with other team members to develop a comprehensive view of all aspects of Commerce System architecture
- Lead and help build a team of high performing engineers
- Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise in various areas such as Commerce Systems, Microservices Architectures, Message Driven Architectures, Cloud Computing, Networking, Systems Integration, Storage, Virtualization, End-User Computing
- Evaluate and identify the benefit case for using new technologies
- Provide leadership role by participating in architecture review conversations to help guide development of Commerce System solutions that are strategically aligned to the overall architecture vision
- Work with other IT staff and review product requirements, solution alternatives, and designs and standards compliance
- Train, guide and mentor other IT staff in adapting IT standards, best practices to provide superior quality solutions for business requirements
- Infuse architectural concepts like responsive, resilient, elastic, reusable, standards-based, fault-tolerant, scalable and manageable solutions
- Provide support to other tech staff in high priority issue resolution
- Participate in Oversight of delivery of final solutions including Coding, Vendor Engagement and performing code reviews of technical team members' contributions
- Participate in creation of Commerce, Native Mobile, Big Data and Omni-Channel solutions
What you should have:
- Full Stack Development experience delivering eCommerce solutions including Frontend and Backend
- 5+ years with Java technologies including Spring
- Experience delivering microservice-based architectures
- Deep understanding of Responsive Web semantics and paradigms
- Solid understanding in data structures, algorithms, Object-Oriented design principles
- Strong track record of shipping products
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems such as git, Mercurial, BitKeeper, etc.
- Frontend design and development in support of both web and mobile interfaces using HTML, AJAX, CSS, JSON, XML
- Frontend design and development using web frameworks like jQuery, AngularJS, Ember, React, etc.
- Extensive experience with a RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Experience working with Test-Driven Development
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Development experience outside of eCommerce platforms with Scala/Java/Play/NodeJS and cloud-based microservice architecture
- Computer Science background and/or relevant full-stack engineering experience, leaning more towards backend
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- High level of self-motivation and initiative and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and quickly acquire proficiency with new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to establish effective and professional working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to manage parallel work streams
Nice to have:
- Expertise with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Apache CouchDB, Cassandra
- Experience with GitHub for use software workflow and delivery
- Experience delivering server less and/or docker-based solutions
- Experience with multiple eCommerce platforms
- Experience with a development
- Experience with Amazon web services
- Experience with Solr and Algolia search engines or equivalent
- Experience with ReactJs, Angular or Vue.js
- Experience with delivering Omni-channel commerce solutions
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.