The Cross-Product Success team is developing a holistic strategy aimed at helping customers discover all that Squarespace has to offer. As our platform grows, this team will guide users towards new and relevant products, provide feedback and guidance to help them expand their online presence and grow their businesses, while ensuring frictionless access and navigation throughout the entire ecosystem.
Cross-Product Success is part of the Interface Platform group, which helps our product engineers deliver beautiful, durable, performant, and accessible experiences to our users. In this role you'll help several teams to deliver high quality technology products/services, working in partnership with technical and product leadership.
You will report to the Interface Platform Sr. Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Lead other engineers and collaborate with stakeholders
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, and take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Interface with your PM and develop and drive the team's quarterly planning with the support of a PM
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor team members and help them grow
- Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Experience with React or similar user interface libraries.
- Strong grasp of engineering practices like automated testing using tools like Cypress, Nightwatch, Jest, and/or the React Testing library and providing code reviews for peers.
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable, reliable, and well tested code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- TypeScript experience or interest
- Managing npm libraries, open source or otherwise
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace