Squarespace is looking for a Team Lead to direct the Interface Architecture team. The Interface Architecture team creates and maintains Frontend Build Tooling and non-visual component libraries that allow our product engineers to create consistently excellent experiences for our users. Their work impacts millions of users daily and dozens of teams, making the team a critical element of many products’ current and future success.
You’ll help several teams to deliver high-quality technology products and services, working in partnership with technical and product leadership. You will report to the Interface Platform Sr. Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
- Lead other engineers and collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, and take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Develop and drive the team’s roadmap with the support of the EM
- Keep our product updated with the latest frontend technologies such as Webpack, Babel, Jest, React and Babel
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Contribute to team and company standards
- Mentor team members and help them grow
- Experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Experience developing large-scale application software
- Working knowledge of Webpack, Babel, and other core JS development tools
- Experience with React or similar user interface libraries.
- Strong grasp of engineering practices like automated testing using tools like Cypress, Nightwatch, Jest, the React Testing library, and providing code reviews for peers.
- A comprehensive understanding of Web Application fundamentals and the libraries and tool chains used to deliver them.
- A sincere commitment to creating readable, reliable, and well tested code
- BS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience writing AST Transformations as a way to manage libraries at scale.
- Experience writing CLI tooling
- TypeScript experience or interest
- Manage npm libraries, open source or otherwise
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.