Engineering Team Manager, Billing at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a passionate manager to help lead and grow the Billing team.
The Billing team's mission is to provide a reliable platform for customers to manage their Squarespace products and subscriptions. The team builds and expands our in-house billing infrastructure, and acts as the source of truth for Squarespace customer subscriptions and purchases. The team's projects are essential to launching new products, unlocking the scale and success of Squarespace's multi-product strategy and the success of our customers.
As manager, you will lead a team of 2-5 engineers, and will report to the Billing engineering manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop engineers through coaching, mentoring and feedback
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, and take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Collaborate with your partners throughout the company to shape the team's roadmap
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural and organizational choices
- Grow the technical expertise and development practices of your teams
- Experience building and managing a team of 2-5 software engineers
- Experience designing highly-scalable and distributed backend systems in a microservice architecture
- Experience with deploying and maintaining applications in Kubernetes
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience with Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and distributed systems
- A deep passion for mentoring engineering teams
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.