ETL/Data Warehouse Tester (Contractor)
Are you looking to make HR technology easy-to-use by employees and administrators? Do you like breaking things to make them better? Do like working with and solving Business Intelligence (BI) data problems? Do you enjoy finding anomalies with large data sets?
At Namely, we're looking for a Data Warehouse/Analytics QA Analyst to join the Engineering team at Namely. As an Analyst, you'll be a critical member of the Engineering squad, helping the team to produce better, bug-free work. You'll partner heavily with others around the tech org to ensure accuracy and integrity in our product, all while advancing the mission of Namely to empower our clients!
- Create Test cases by referencing table design Schema and source mapping
- Strategic thinking and problem solving for various Data use cases
- Testing ETL Pipeline from Source to target
- Review user stories, write and maintain test documentation (test plan, test cases).
- Perform functional, exploratory and regression tests on our Analytics platform.
- Identify, report and track bugs.
- Provide status updates to team and manager.
- Enthusiastically pursue tasks to completion.
- 3-5 years of experience testing in Agile-based environment
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database design
- Experience with an imperative programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc)
- Experience using Git in a team environment
- Analytical and metrics-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- Data pipelines test automation
- Experience with Spark (scala or Pyspark) and/or Databricks
- Experience with data orchestration tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc)
- Exposure to reporting tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Exposure to Data warehousing concepts (edited)
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.