Front-end Developer at Paxful
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a Front-end Developer who will write efficient, testable, and reusable code using React, Redux, and Typescript. Working with the Product team in the New York office, you'll be using your awesome software development skills to ensure the creation of new functionality and have an impact on the front-end architecture on one of the largest peer-to-peer bitcoin exchange services. Responsibilities include creation of new features using the most advanced technologies and a functional approach. Ultimately, you will help to change the global FinTech system for the better.
What you'll be doing:
- Write efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Work closely with our developers and product owners in an agile team
- Help to troubleshoot, test, and maintain the product
- Follow company coding standards
- Perform code reviews and mentor your peers
- Cover your code with tests
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- Strong TypeScript skills
- Good knowledge of state management libraries
- Experience with frameworks such as React
- Experience with state management libraries such as Redux
- Experience with Functional programming techniques
- Experience with working in a team setting
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with statically typed programming languages
- Experience with PHP
- Ready to work in the fast-growing environment
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the Flatiron District
- Flexible hours