Front End Manager
Zipari is a technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’s goals. Our team has movie geeks, foodies, talented musicians and a mix of random elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
What You'll Be Doing
- Managing a team of 3+ Front End software engineers, including task planning, code reviews, and architecture guidance.
- Driving technical projects and providing leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Contributing, through active participation, in technical initiatives.
- Working closely with product management and client delivery teams to ensure amazing products are built and client satisfaction is achieved.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading and mentoring others on software engineering best practices
- Ability to lead and deliver on complex projects
- Expert understanding of Angular (1 & 2) and/or other JS frameworks/libraries (React, Ember, etc.)
- Experience working with CSS preprocessors (LESS, Sass)
- Strong knowledge of how to build and work with RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
- Database skills in a relational database (i.e. PostgresSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to performance tune and scale applications
- Agile Development experience
- Experience working with a software product company is a major plus
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited MetroCard
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Awesome team with the ability to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
Read Full Job Description