Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare and Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
In close collaboration with our cross-functional development team, Galileo’s front end engineers create modern web applications that scale medical care and amass clinical intelligence. This is a rare opportunity to work with doctors, designers, and operators to redefine the way patients receive healthcare in America. Specifically, you will:
- Build clinical applications that empower providers to deliver care to patients at the unprecedented scale of modern telemedicine
- Create intelligence platforms that transfer knowledge from seasoned medical experts to an in-house clinical “brain” and medical constellation
- Maintain internal tools that manage company metrics and user experience
- Create beautiful, reusable components and set best practices for front end engineering
- Be a leader in Galileo engineering, and help define company culture and product direction
Who You Are
You are enthusiastic about mission-driven work and are eager to fix healthcare through developing technology. You have worked on iterative cross-functional product teams before, and enjoy finding optimal solutions that balance usability, extensibility, engineering investment, and business implications. Adapting to new technologies quickly doesn’t throw you, and you know how to use the right-sized approach for each problem. A true team player, you’re always on the hunt for ways to raise code quality and improve future developer experience. Finally, you hold your work to high standards and don’t shy away from owning ambitious projects. You also have the following:
- A solid foundation in frontend engineering and RESTful web services
- Ample experience in both maintaining large web applications and building products from scratch using modern web frameworks.
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.