Why Vestwell?Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised capital from industry leading investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
You’re a great fit for our team if you can balance detail-oriented tasks with long term strategy and growth initiatives. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create and about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot. Please note that we offer relocation if needed.
- Experience using Node.js tooling
- Experience building, specifying, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Solid foundation of HTML, CSS, vanilla JS, and other browser technologies
- Intermediate SQL — we use PostgreSQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal initiative and motivation to start and own projects end-to-end
- Design and develop new features and improvements working across Node.js services, AWS Lambda microservices, and the browser
- Investigate, fix, and proactively avoid defects
- Contribute to Scrum activities within your team: groom the backlog, plan and execute work in progress, and refine your team's process
- Collaborate with backend Scala developers on solutions, integration points, API contracts, etc.
- Collaborate with product analysts and designers on UX and overall solution
- Collaborate with QA testers on end-to-end testing coverage of your work
- Write unit and integration tests of your work
- Contribute to internal libraries such as a React-based UI component library
- Contribute to technical and process improvements that help us and you level up, e.g. helping to optimize our build, release, and test processes
- Provide production support at times
- Experience in any of these tools and services: Docker, Sumo Logic, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, SwaggerHub, Abstract, Sentry, Jest
- Experience working on an Agile x-functional team
- Experience with Node.js and frameworks such as Hapi, Express, Restify
- Experience with other languages such as Python, Scala, Java
- Experience with Amazon Web Services services such as EC2, S3, SES, Lambda
- Experience with emerging technologies we have adopted recently or are considering: JSON:API, GraphQL, OpenAPI, TypeScript
- Experience working within a microservice architecture
- Experience optimizing for accessibility — we are working to meet WCAG 2.1 Level AA
- Good eye and passion for quality UI/UX design
- Financial Services experience, understanding of key concepts, instruments and basic workflows
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible, close to all transportation between Bryant Park and Herald Square in NYC. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!