Frontend Software Engineer at Remesh
Remesh was founded in 2014 with the mission to create a technology that could truly represent the will of the people and amplify their collective voice. As of March 2018, Remesh has secured $10 million in Series A funding. We are excited to be disrupting the $70+ billion insights industry.
We are a team of passionate, motivated, and intelligent people, with a touch of quirk (i.e., we have fun)! We are all united by a mission to build a platform that can help people truly understand each other - across political, geographical, and cultural divides - to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
We believe in the power of discovering the Truth which requires engaging with each other, exchanging ideas, and having a dialogue with groups of people at a massive scale. The Remesh platform uses AI and machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment participant responses to questions and prompts, online and in real time. Through this process, our customers are able to quickly draw out actionable insights as they engage thousands of participants simultaneously.
Software Engineers at Remesh are helping build the world's most trustworthy approach to engaging and understanding massive groups of people in real time. In doing so, we encounter real engineering problems every day that require a high level of sophistication and expertise. We deal with things like, improving and maintaining a highly available machine learning data pipeline, expanding our extremely high-volume real-time conversation platform, and improving our architecture and infrastructure to remain modular, maintainable, and performant.
As a software engineer at Remesh, you'll be scaling a revolutionary means of communication and helping to change the way we understand people. This means we look for very strong critical thinking, problem solving, and reasoning abilities, and engineers who are excited, motivated learners. Because we are using techniques on the edge of research, you'll need to be fluent in keeping up to date with the latest technologies so we can keep pushing our product into the future.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of professional React development
- Experience with Redux/MobX or another state management library
- Experience with Python/Ruby/Java/Elixir or some other backend/systems language
- Experience with Django/Flask/Phoenix/Rails/J2EE or some other backend web framework
- Experience with version control software
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Knowledge of basic software engineering concepts and conventions
- Experience with and passion for automated testing
- Experience with TDD
- Experience developing high-volume/highly performant web applications
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Flexible work arrangements pending supervisor approval
- An enviable snack pantry
- An energetic team that celebrates, often
- Stipend for ongoing learning
- An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District