Frontend Software Engineer at Namely
Namely’s mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We’re an HR, payroll, and benefits platform that provides the technology, data, and support that HR professionals need and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, and obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Namely is looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join an innovative, forward-thinking team using a modern tech stack that is responsible for:
- Developing clean, accessible, and modern web applications
- Building core libraries and components as part of our Design System
- Utilizing technologies like React, GraphQL, React Context and Hooks and Typescript
- Continuously improving our tech stack
- Ensuring personal and team career growth through high quality code reviews, cross-functional collaboration, and strong teamwork
Our Frontend team builds the extensible platform on which other teams can develop applications, ensures high quality architecture across the engineering organization, and defines the UX of Namely alongside Product and Design partners.Desired Experience:
We want to work with and learn from developers with diverse backgrounds who are passionate about what they do and are excited to dive into a challenging, high impact role.
Some traits we look for when considering candidates are:
- 2+ years of experience in a frontend role. We’re also willing to grow less-experienced candidates who are extremely excited about frontend.
- A team player. You’re excited to mentor and be mentored, share knowledge, and learn from other engineers.
- Being opinionated, yet open minded.
- Self-driven with a positive outlook.
- Investment and interest in the Frontend community and ecosystem. Even if you haven’t used the latest tech, you are up to date on happenings in the community and are excited to try out new technologies at Namely.
We understand the importance of being excited about the technology you work with, so we’ve included our stack below. You don’t have to be fluent or even well versed in all of it, but we want engineers who are excited to dive in and understand these tools and technologies:
- Framework: React
- State: Redux + Redux Thunk + Reselect, Formik, Relay + GraphQL
- Router: React Router
- CSS: CSS Modules
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Chromatic, Cypress
- Tooling: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Prettier
- Linting: ESLint, Stylelint
- Docs: Storybook
We are building out a world-class Frontend team at Namely around the idea that user experience is paramount to the success of our product and customers. If that or any of the above resonates, we would love to work with you!About Namely
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients’ employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.