Full Stack Engineer
Graphika delivers network analysis products and services for customers across the globe. We create large-scale, in-depth maps of social landscapes and the conversations that take place in those landscapes. We help clients translate data into insights using our cutting-edge mapping technology and deep subject matter expertise from around the world.
Graphika seeks an experienced Full Stack developer (Front End Focus) to join the team as a Full Stack Engineer. The Full Stack Engineer will be a crucial addition to the small but growing Technology team, working with both internal and external customers to strengthen and grow relationships and ultimately help them realize the full potential of Graphika. The ideal candidate has unique skills to critically analyze the full Graphika stack, identify challenges and implement and explain solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
You will partner closely with Analysis, Product, and external customers to provide innovative, pragmatic solutions to technical problems.
What You're Responsible For:
- Communicate with internal and external customers about their needs and any arising technical issues
- Maintain internal tools and workflows to improve efficiency of Innovation team
- Improve Graphika dashboards and visualizations to keep our data accessible to users
Who You Are:
You think of yourself as a collaborative problem solver who can work with your teammates on the tech team to deliver on tactical goals without leaving a wake of technical debt.
Some skills are required:
- You know of one (or more) scripting language(s)
- You have experience building and working with web APIs
- You have experience with SQL
- You are an excellent communicator and are able to nimbly adjust your communication to many different audiences
The best candidates will also have some or all of these skills:
- You have experience working with social media data
- You have experience working in a data-focused organization
- You have experience with Ruby or Python
- You are familiar with PostgreSQL
- You have worked with Jupyter notebooks
- You have knowledge of Pandas and/or NumPy
- You have experience with D3 and other front end visualization libraries
Benefits and Perks
Graphika offers a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package for all full time employees, including but not limited to:
- Outstanding health benefits available for employees and their families including medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- TransitChek commuter benefit program (varies by location but options include a free unlimited Metrocard for NYC-based employees).
- Unlimited PTO with a required minimum 10 days vacation/year as well as a flexible remote work policy