Full Stack Software Engineer, Product at Splendid Spoon
The Full Stack Software Engineer, Product will play a pivotal role in developing Splendid Spoon’s strategic technical vision and turning that vision into a reality. It’s an ideal role for any developer who loves to code but who also wants to take the next step in their career to build and lead his or her own team. Working closely with product management and Splendid Spoon’s leadership team, The Full Stack Software Engineer, Product will wear the hats of: architect, software developer, and site administrator while being responsible for the quality of our technical deliverables.
Learning & doing: within 3 months, you will…
- Help transition the ownership of Splendid Spoon’s codebase and techstack from external agency to internal team.
- Maintain the day to day operations of our web infrastructure including uptime of servers and databases.
- Help field a low volume of customer support request tickets that require manual intervention.
- Aid in implementing soft launches of new meal categories and exploratory AB testing of meal plan designs and messaging.
- Manage analytics data for business intelligence and key metric tracking.
- Collaborate with Splendid Spoon staff to creatively solve business problems and take advantage of market opportunities
Building: within 6 months, you will…
- Contribute to the product vision and aid in estimating product roadmap.
- Use Agile practices to develop features aimed at improving our competitive advantage and deepening our customer loyalty.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to integrate with technology platforms that provide (1) a seamless experience for our customers (i.e. shipping, SMS notifications), and (2) key data and insights for the Splendid team (i.e. customer relationship management, business intelligence).
- Manage the productivity of our technology team (internal and external) to ensure timely delivery of projects and issue resolution.
Mastering: within 12 months, you will...
- Provide expert advice on all aspects of Splendid Spoon's technical product.
- Recommend emerging technologies and best practices in our development, deployment and QA processes.
- Document and resurface tech debt opportunistically to balance speed of execution with long term viability of code.
- Drive the evolution of our technology team - making data-based recommendations to leadership for hiring and/or contracting additional engineering resources. Educate, mentor, and train additional team members.
The skill set: you have...
- 4-7 years’ experience with:
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions of PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Cloud hosted server management and deployment preferably with experience using Heroku & CircleCI.
- Thorough understanding of user experience and user interface implementation. Ideally, a base level of understanding and appreciation for product strategy.
- Experience with Celery or asynchronous task queues / message passing concurrency.
- Experience implementing testing platforms for end-to-end tests and unit tests.
- Proficiency with Git & GitHub.
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code.
- Experience with user and A/B testing.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Qualifications: you are...
- Passionate about improving the human experience through clean, delicious food!
- Reliable, responsive and communicative team player who is willing to collaborate closely with our product team and external technical contractors.
- Resilient and focused in all-hands on deck situations.
- An excellent problem solver who can easily identify alternatives, evaluate trade offs, and recommend a path forward.
- Equal parts scrappy and strategic; comfortable executing details of the day-to-day and zooming out to the big picture.
- A code review maverick who is willing to mentor and lead others in time.