Full Stack Software Engineer
Are you passionate about social good, software development, and diversifying the future of tech? Our programs are designed to incite a passion for computer science, build awareness of careers in technology, and inspire young women to join an encouraging and varied community of girls who code. We bake our core values into our programs and products. We are looking for you to help Girls Who Code achieve its goal of gender parity and significant change in the technology sector. You are flexible, agile, and like to work on real-world issues and are determined to put your passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion to work.
We’re looking for the next full-stack developer at Girls Who Code to help develop our GWC owned and operated products. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be working to further enhance and support our products to help drive our mission. You are a creative and enthusiastic problem solver, eager to roll up your sleeves to support a scaling organization intent on delivering programmatic value and improving organizational processes.
The successful candidate has 2+ years of demonstrated experience developing and releasing products to a large public. They thrive in a dynamic environment and are driven by quality results.
- Develop frontend/backend code required to perform A/B testing experiments.
- Create simple web-based prototypes of new experiences to communicate flow and to gather feedback.
- Take visual designs and create responsive web pages and landing pages with standards-compliant pragmatic code.
- Deliver quality results on fast-paced projects and meet deadlines.
- Create and maintain documentation for our current and future products
- Collaborate with other members of the Product team, as well as other teams throughout the organization
- Maintain code integrity and organization of repository including reviewing and merging pull requests.
- Provide time estimates for engineering tasks and convey progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience in full stack Software Engineering
- Proficiency in one or more object oriented language
- Experience working with frameworks such as React.js or Angular
- Working knowledge of relational databases, such as MySQL
- Experience working with Kubernetes or a similar technology
- Ability to learn new languages and solve problems both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Experience with AWS technologies, including EC2, RDS, S3, and SES
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience in building user interfaces with HTML and CSS
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.