Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation.
As an Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer, you'll gain a deep understanding of our product through close collaboration with engineers, data scientists, clinicians, and others in the company. You'll work with the Chief Software Architect and five other engineering team members to build and enhance the infrastructure underlying the web services and applications that support our customers. We seek someone with a history of great backend work that can be our point-person on tasks. You will keep our system on and running smoothly, rebuilding infrastructure, updating our pipelines, insuring clean data integrations. We'll look to you to help ensure that we're leveraging and building the best technology that we can, and you'll play a key role in shaping the future direction of the product.
In particular, you'll focus on:
- Designing, developing, implementing, and managing infrastructure for engineering using DevOps methodologies.
- Ensuring the security, availability, performance, scalability, and automation of our infrastructure.
- Ensuring reliable and ongoing measurement and monitoring of our infrastructure.
- Maintaining and enhancing build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and continuous delivery of changes to improve quality and availability of our product.
We care about our work at Covera Health and know you will care deeply about your work here. We seek engineers with attention to detail who strive to deliver high quality work (even when it's needed quickly) and who are continually learning (including learning from mistakes). It's important for engineers on our team to be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with others, exchanging opinions about technology in a constructive way.
- BA in computer science or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of work experience, 2+ focused on infrastructure/DevOps engineering
- 3-5 years of prior backend work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication with excellent ability to work in a team environment
- Strong experience with AWS and infrastructure management tools
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!