iOS Engineer at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
iOS Engineers are leaders on the team and strong contributors. If you're applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to collaborate with your colleagues. You help drive architecture decisions, estimate project time frames, and manage sub-tasks. More than other engineers, you should be an advocate for iOS best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality.
- Experienced: You're well-versed in developing quality iOS applications from conception through App Store launch. You have a deep understanding of the full suite of iOS tooling in Swift including threading, storyboards, XCTest, debugging and performance optimization
- Customer focused: You love good software and design. You understand the importance of bringing value to our users through quality software.
- A team player: You are the consummate team player. You work well with others. You aim to learn from, teach, and give timely and specific feedback to your colleagues.
- Adaptable: You can handle changing requirements and difficult problems. You build for the long-term while managing iterative, short-term needs.
- Values-aligned: You have a dedication to the company's core mission of cultivating local community worldwide.
What you do with our team:
- Building and maintaining the flagship Meetup app, written in Swift
- Work with Core engineers to define how data should be structured and delivered via our APIs
- Collaborate with designers to ensure that the app is beautiful and a pleasure to use for all our users
We're considering remote candidates located anywhere in the United States.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?