IT Engineer I at Namely
Namely is seeking an IT Engineer I who will be responsible for the smooth operation of IT services and the day-to-day support of the organization’s end-users. You should love to work with end-users and have a background in providing desktop support in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, foster a self-service culture, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
Our ideal candidate is well versed in both Mac and Windows troubleshooting, a history of providing Audio/Visual support, experience delivering IT services in a remote-first environment. You’ll also be working on strategic projects both independently and in coordination with other technology teams. The position requires the individual to act independently through the use of skills, experiences, and training to resolve client issues.
- Be available to help maintain inventory of IT equipment in our NYC office and support occasional All-Hands presentations
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding tasks
- Lead IT orientation for new hires
- Prepare knowledge base content for internal customers and document processes and procedures for other team members
- Support and maintain critical IT cloud applications
- Collaborate on IT projects
- Security first mindset
- Minimum 3 years of IT support experience
- A solid understanding of SaaS, networking concepts, operating systems, and desktop support
- Strong communication and writing ability. Comfortable communicating high level tech ideas to both developers and non developers
- Independent, resourceful learner
- Knowledge of Windows 10, and macOS
- Ability to build rapport with employees
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Familiarity with SSO (SAML, SCIM, JIT, etc)
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience with MDM solutions (Jamf, Airwatch, Intune, etc)
- Experience with IT cloud applications (AWS, Okta, Google Workspaces, Slack, etc)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, etc)
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.