Junior Full-stack Engineer at Hive
We’re building the premium teamwork tool on the market, and we need you to help us do so in an iterative, fast-paced and maintainable way.
The ideal fit for this role has worked on production systems long enough to have gone through all the phases of loving, hating and loving a framework/language. You understand why anti-patterns are anti-patterns, and strive to contribute code that is clean, well-commented, extensible, but not over-engineered. You have a fundamental understanding of all aspects of quality in software development lifecycle, but are pragmatic in your approach to solve problems.
As a junior engineer at Hive, you’ll work directly with product managers, designers, other engineers and the CTO to refine and implement features that make being a Hive user delightful. You’ll quickly ramp up on the code base and be contributing to production code in the first week of coming on board.
You’ll have the opportunity to combine heads-down coding with establishing in-house best practices, documentation and leadership. Your impact on Hive will be the foundation of a nascent engineering team that will more than double in the coming months.
We’re looking for someone with a genuine love for inventing, building and measuring their impact on the team; somebody who is excited at the prospect of being able to take and own initiatives.
- You have 1+ years industry experience (or internship experience) working across the stack
- You have experience contributing to and scaling a production app actively in use by thousands of users
- Deep understanding and experience with front-end frameworks, css and implementation of responsive web development
- You are excited to help build out the foundation of engineering culture at one of the fastest growing companies in New York
- You have the right balance between best practices and being pragmatic in your approach to problem solving
- You have no fear of cracking open the source code on OSS and don’t believe anything should be black box
- Experience with instrumenting, performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools on a production system
- You have an eagerness to always be learning and teaching others
- Experience with Mongodb
- Experience with Meteor js
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with mobile development (React Native or cordova)
- Extensive experience with front-end performance tuning