Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company helping banks and credit unions grow. Community banks and credit unions play an important role in the US economy and at MANTL we are passionate about preserving that. Our mission is to use technology to level the playing field in banking. We do that by creating banking software that empowers banks and credit unions to grow digitally.
Our flagship product, Online Account Opening, has quickly become considered best in class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals. Suffice to say, our customers love us.
Since launching our first product in 2017, we have built several new products, tripled our headcount, and become cash-flow positive.
Who makes up our team?
We strongly believe people are our most important asset and the number one reason we all work at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration.
We’re a group of passionate technologists with backgrounds spanning across engineering, product, and design. We support an open and transparent culture that helps foster interesting discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well - people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small.
We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team.
Lead Site Reliability Engineer Overview
MANTL is seeking a hands on Lead Site Reliability Engineer to help shape the future of banking technology.
You live and breath GCP, Kubernetes, and Infrastructure as Code. You have years of experience managing production systems on top of GCP, AWS, and are ready to step in and own site reliability engineering at a fast growing FinTech start-up.
This is a huge and exciting role for the right candidate. Ideally you are an ex-application programmer who moved to SRE/DevOps out of a love for automation and to satisfy your curiosity about computer systems. You will join and lead a team of passionate technologists dedicated to core SRE principles and building an exemplary technology organization. The ideal candidate has a hacker mentality, a respect for the security and compliance requirements of a SOC I/SOC II/PCI compliant organization, and a burning passion for engineering solid solutions that accelerate and scale the business.
- Experience managing production systems built on GCP
- Experience writing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code with Terraform
- Deep hands on experience with building and maintaining production Kubernetes clusters.
- Linux shell automation with bash or similar
- Experience with infrastructure automation in a major language like Go/Python
- Deep experience with git/GitHub
- Experience standing up production CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with SQL databases ideally postgres
- Experience with incident response, reporting
Nice to Haves:
- Experience Working in production in a regulated space (HIPAA, PCI, SOC I, SOC II)
- DBA level familiarity with SQL databases ideally postgres
- Experience Writing Node.js code
- Having stood up and managed Kubernetes from scratch
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We provide competitive salaries and generous benefits including fully covered medical, dental and vision plans, an immediately available 401k plan, unlimited vacation, stocked kitchen & weekly happy hours.