Lead QA Automation Engineer
Greater NYC Area
Teachable is looking to expand our team and bring on a Lead QA Automation Engineer! We're a tight-knit team of smart people who work in a fast-paced environment with minimal overhead.
The Lead QA Engineer will develop automated end-to-end tests to facilitate the efficient delivery of high-quality software and prevent regression. The role involves working closely with the rest of our engineering and product team to prioritize testing in an environment where features and fixes are released continuously.
The ideal candidate for this role has deep experience with manual and automated QA testing frameworks and operations. As our team is small but growing, we are looking for someone who can both contribute hands-on and also help to define and implement structure, process, and best practices as we scale. Although this will be an individual contributor role at the start, we envision this position growing into a managerial role for the right candidate.
- Lead a small team of QA engineers, responsible for testing strategy, processes, and execution
- Work with product and engineering leadership to maintain a high level of quality execution as the business scales
- Own quality level for all assigned features in development
- Develop new and maintain existing automated feature tests
- Write individual automated test scenarios based on requirements
- Create comprehensive test plans to cover new feature launches
- Work alongside the product team to analyze design specs to detect potential issues in early stages of development
- Report defects and testing statusInnovate and drive test automation best practices
- Set goals and key performance indicators for the QA team
- 5+ years of overall QA experience, primarily in an automation role
- Up to date with modern test automation frameworks, services, and best practices and has implemented them in the past
- Strong familiarity with Cucumber and BDDExperience with Selenium or other browser automation frameworks
- Experience working on teams where manual testing informs the design of automation plans
- High level of proficiency testing web applications, preferably in tech stacks using one or more of Ruby on Rails, Angular and React
- Comfortable working within a fast paced, Agile environment using continuous integration (CircleCI)
- Experience maintaining quality with a rapidly scaling engineering team via implementingQA processes and best practices
- Experience leading QA teams strongly preferred but will consider a senior candidate with strong background
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description