An estimated 48 million Americans suffer from hearing loss and only 10-15% have treated it – enter Lively. We’re on a mission to empower people to hear better through more affordable, accessible and delightful hearing care.
Lively is a series A company, perfect for anyone eager to make an early impact in something big. We are a unique blend of experts and leaders from Facebook, Amazon, 1stdibs, Lyft, and have assembled a world-class advisory board and audiology team.
Here at Lively, we are a passionate team of highly-driven entrepreneurs, designers, clinicians and technologists creating a best-in-class experience to help solve one of America’s greatest healthcare issues – untreated hearing loss. If you’ve been looking for a high growth company that is also mission-driven, this is it.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious Lead Software Engineer. As an early employee, you’ll have the chance to define and work on the foundational elements of the company and work closely with the founding team. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating a seamless customer experience and is able to drive and execute end-to-end customer journeys. You will plan, architect, build and own our backend systems and microservices using Node.js, GraphQL, Express.JS, PostgreSQL, React.JS and AWS and integrate those to our frontend using React.JS, React Native, Next.JS and Relay. You will partner with the CTO and Head of Product to bring customer touch-points to life. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Architect, develop, own, and maintain core features and services that involves both frontend and backend technologies in an AWS environment
- Work closely with the CTO, product management and UX design teams to define and refine product features and specifications
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, security and performance of Lively’ core backend systems and microservices.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience working as a Back-End or Full-Stack Engineer.
- Proven track record of shipping software to production environments
- Vast experience in working with relational and non-relational databases and SQL.
- Vast experience in developing backend systems and microservices with Node.js, Express.Js and GraphQL or equivalent
- Vast experience in AWS cloud architecture or equivalent (e.g. GCP or Azure).
- Experience with designing, building and debugging APIs and distributed backend systems.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in one or more of the following: React.js, React Native, Flow/TypeScript.
- Experience in the healthcare space and startup environment.
- Deep understanding of core modern web concepts