Mechanical Engineer at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Mechanical Engineer.
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, and other mechanically functioning systems
- Development of new product architectures in an attempt to unify multiple product lines
- Prototyping new product concepts
- Researching new technologies and developing technical excellence in areas that will become core to Latch’s hardware roadmap
- Consulting on reliability, quality, and compliance
- Review and roll-out of our manufacturing in partnership with contract manufacturers and our team in Asia
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems that may occur
- Investigating equipment failures or difficulties
- Recommending design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Two (2) years of experience in the job offered
- Must have two (2) years of experience in:
- Designing mechanical packaging for 120V electronics
- Experience in network-enabled consumer electronics (IoT) for use inside of residential properties
- Utilizing SOLIDWORKS CAD software in a professional environment to model complex assemblies and draft 2D drawings
- Working with vendors through the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) process and conducting first article inspections
- Must have two (2) years of experience working with:
- International part vendors and manufacturing plants
- Working with cross-functional engineering disciplines and product teams to help produce ERD and PRD documentation and prototyping, including experience with SLA 3D printing, laser cutting, and shop tools
- Must have two (2) years of experience with producing statistical analysis for process capability studies, and knowledge in final assembly cells/lines for consumer products or building hardware
- Must have experience managing at least one (1) cycle of the new product development process from concept to production (timelines, communication with partners, cross-functional
- Travel is required
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.